This event counts towards CLE Live and On-Demand Programs/Courses Hours; see CLE Policy
The NCJ Civil Procedure (Foundations) Lunch and Learn series aims to facilitate understanding of the technical requirements in the NCJ Rules of Court, as well as how to prepare documents that comply with the NCJ Rules. The sessions are not intended to be a comprehensive course on substantive civil procedure, but rather to increase lawyers' general level of comfort with the basics of NCJ civil procedure and forms.
While the sessions primarily focus on the requirements of the NCJ Civil Rules of Court, lawyers practicing primarily in family or probate may find the tips and general considerations that are shared helpful given the application of the general rules to specialized practice. New and junior lawyers, and lawyers wanting a refresher, are encouraged to attend. Please note: This course does not focus on preparing content for pleadings or advocacy.
- Who? Clare Cudmore, Executive Legal Officer, Court Administration at the Nunavut Court of Justice.
- When? Fridays, 16-30 June 2023 @ 12:15-1:45pm ET.
- Where? Zoom participation only.
- Materials: Read a description of each session here.
- June 16 – Back to Basics: Reviewing & discussing the foundational Rules relating starting a civil action in the NCJ. Watch here.
- June 23 – Reviewing & discussing the foundations of interim and interlocutory chambers practice. Watch here.
- June 30 – Reviewing the discussing the foundations of civil trial practice in the NCJ. Watch here.
- Recognized hours: 1.5 hours each (16 and 23 June); 1 hour (30 June).