To renew your RAC, you must now complete and submit your application online.
- To start your renewal application, you must login to your online account.
- If you do not have an applicant account, contact us at (844) 979-2330 or email@example.com .
Fees and Payment
Membership Renewals 2023
The deadline to renew your membership and pay your fees is Tuesday January 31, 2023.
We remind you of your obligation to update your contact and professional information. Learn how to update your contact information.
Processing time of your renewal application is up to 10 business days.
If we have any questions about your application, we will first contact you by email.
STEP 1: LOG INTO YOUR LSN ACCOUNT
- If you do not have your account information, please contact our administrator to create an account for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2: ONCE LOGGED IN, CHOOSE "RENEW MEMBERSHIP"
- Please review your current information and make any corrections before continuing to Part C 3.
STEP 3 : FILL IN THE RENEWAL APPLICATION
- And upload the required documents when prompted.
STEP 4: SAVE AS "READY TO PUBLISH" WHEN YOU ARE READY TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- Your renewal application will now be validated by the administrator.
- If you missed some fields you will need to complete them to finish the renewal application.
To prepare for the online renewal submission:
1. Organize your complete list of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) events for 2022
- CLE activities organized by the LSN / CBA NU Branch can be viewed here.
- For more information on CLE requirements and recognized activities, please refer to the CLE section.
2. Insurance Exemption Certificate and Undertaking (as applicable)
- Submit if you do not require liability insurance coverage through the Law Society of Nunavut
- PDF file for uploading - Download the template
- For more information on insurance coverage through the Law Society of Nunavut, please refer to Insurance Coverage section
If you are changing your status from active to inactive during renewal period, you will need to submit Form R.1-D to inform the Executive of the intended disposition of your files & important documents that relate to your practice of law in Nunavut.
- If you are ceasing your private practice (i.e. leaving your practice in Nunavut as a sole practitioner) : please submit Form R.1-A instead.
Please submit your completed Form R.1 directly in your renewal form, in PART D : DECLARATION OF APPLICANT.
If you are planning not to renew your membership and resign from the Law Society, you will need to submit Form R.1 to the LSN for Executive approval.
Please refer to the Cessation of Practice webpage for instructions.
Depending whether you were practicing law in a law firm, as a sole practitioner or as an employee, you may be required to provide more details on the intended disposition your files & important documents that relate to your practice in Nunavut.
Payment of applicable fees and levies are payable by
- Cheque to “The Law Society of Nunavut”
- EMT to email@example.com; and EFT and In-person direct deposit (Branch to Branch).
- Confirmation of payment is required. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Banking details can be found in the invoice
2023 Membership renewal invoices for downloading
Receipt on demand
- Please send us an email to email@example.com
- Consult the fee calculator below or consult the fee schedule to determine your fees.
Setting up your member's online account
User accounts were setup using the your member contact email provided to LSN.
To start the online application process, you will need to have an online account.
- If you are not sure, if an account has been setup for you, enter your email and try resetting your password (see instructions below).
- If you are not in the system, please contact the Law Society of Nunavut to have your account setup for you.
Phone: 867-979-2330 or toll-free 844-979-2330
Resetting your password
- Please go to the login page.
- Select "Reset your password" and:
- Enter your email and a one-time access link to set up your password will be emailed to you.
- If you do not see an email in your inbox, please check your spam folder and add the following email into your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password requirements: Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters, one uppercase letter and one special character.
When you are ready to start:
For inquiries about submitting your online renewal application, please contact the Law Society of Nunavut directly:
Phone: 867-979-2330 or toll-free 844-979-2330