Members self-report their hours of eligible CLE activities each year as part of the annual membership renewal process. This can be done using the Online CLE Report which is available through the member's online account. Self-reporting is due by January 31st of each calendar year.
Members will be required to provide the following information in the designated CLE section:
- Course name/activity description
- Identifying information (e.g. format – name of course provider, study group organizer, etc.)
- Role (attendee, author, mentor, presenter, teacher, etc.)
- Date of course
- Number of hours
- Recognized category
Members will be responsible for ensuring that they comply with this policy and for reporting CLE activities to the LSN. Members who are exempt from complying with CLE requirements will identify their exemption in their self-report.
Please look at the steps below before you log your CLE hours. If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com
STEP 1 : LOG INTO YOUR LSN ACCOUNT
STEP 2: ONCE LOGGED IN, CHOOSE "RENEW MEMBERSHIP"
STEP 3: IN YOUR RENEWAL FORM, SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE "CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (CLE) ACTIVITY REPORT"
Select one of the 6 statements that reflects best your situation.
- The first statement (highlighted in purple) will apply to members who do not fall under any exemptions (as explained in the CLE overview section)
- The 5 other statements (highlighted in green) are associated with specific exemptions. Depending on your situation, you may need to indicate a prorated number of CLE hours to report.
STEP 4: ONCE YOU HAVE SELECTED THE STATEMENT THAT APPLIES TO YOU, YOU WILL SEE A BLUE BUTTON APPEARS.
When clicking on the button, a table will appear that allows you to include all necessary information for a particular CLE activity.
STEP 5: SELECT THE ELIGIBLE CLE ACTIVITY.
When selecting an eligible CLE activity, the "ratio" and "maximum hours of activity" boxes will automatically be populated.
STEP 6: COMPLETE THE CLE ACTIVITY REPORT.
Add enough details to allow us to understand what the activity was about.
*The following example illustrates the situation of a member logging an activity for which they were an invited speaker. This eligible CLE activity has a 1:2 ratio. Since the activity lasted for 2 hours, the member will log 4 eligible CLE hours.
STEP 7: ADD CLE ACTIVITIES TO MEET THE 12 HOUR REQUIREMENT BY CLICKING ON THE "ADD CLE ACTIVITY" .
STEP 8: MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CLE REPORT
STEP 9: SAVE AS "DRAFT" EVERY TIME YOU LOG CLE HOURS.