During these exceptional times, the Law Society of Nunavut (LSN) will continue to provide services remotely to members of the public and its membership including inquiries related to referrals, applications for memberships and Restricted Appearance Certificates.
To contact the LSN
- The LSN’s main contact is Adel De Belen, Executive Administrator, Adel De Belen: email@example.com
- You can also reach the LSN at: 867-979-2330 or toll free 844-979-2330. Please note that voice messages are also taken remotely every 2-3 business days.
- ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐊᑭᖃᙱᑦᑐᒃᑐᑦ ᐅᖄᓚᐅᑦ - Inuktitut Toll Free hotline:
- ᓇᓂᓕᒫᖅ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ 1-888-990-4665 ; ᐃᖃᓗᓐᓂ : 975-2120
- Anywhere in Canada: 1-888-990-4665; In Iqaluit: 975-2120
Please note that messages for the CEO, Nalini Vaddapalli, will be forwarded accordingly.
- June 2 Letter to Counsel from the Hon. Mr. Justice Neil Sharkey, Chief Justice, Nunavut Court of Justice
- June 1 Joint letter from the LSN and CBA Nunavut Branch to the Nunavut Court of Justice, Pandemic Planning Committee.
- The letter addresses the NCJ May 27 memo regarding the Resumption of limited In-Person (IPC) criminal proceedings.
Nunavut Court of Justice
Suspension of Regular Operations
The Nunavut Court of Justice suspended regular operations, effective 5 p.m. on Monday, March 16, 2020. The suspension will be in effect until further notice. The decision to suspend operations was made to protect the health and safety of all community members and court users by aiding efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Further details related to emergency application/hearings and latest updates from NCJ are available here.