Thank you to the Law Society of Yukon for sharing this CLE opportunity to members of the Nunavut bar.
- Speaker: David Plunkett; learn more about the speaker.
- Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 [rescheduled from June 28]
- Time: 12pm-1:30pm YT.
- Cost: Free.
- Registration: Click here to register for this event.
Please join us for a presentation by David Plunkett, a partner with Burrard Law. Mr. Plunkett has extensive experience representing contractors and owners in all types of commercial construction disputes, including on major public utility projects. He will provide a basic overview of the legal issues that can arise on any construction project. The presentation is a must for lawyers who wish to learn more about the basics of construction law.
Key topics to be discussed:
• An introduction to construction projects and the role of a construction lawyers
• A review of Standard Form Construction agreements
• A review of select common construction contractual terms
• An overview of Construction Insurance and Bonding products
David Plunkett is a partner at Burrard Law, a Vancouver law firm. Mr. Plunkett’s practice includes construction law, professional liability, corporate-commercial and insurance law matters. Mr. Plunkett was formerly the construction practice group leader at a construction and insurance law firm in Vancouver. His practice focuses primarily on construction and real estate- related matters.
Mr. Plunkett is called to the bar in British Columbia and the Yukon. He is also the Past Chair of the Executive Committee of the National Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association and the Past Chair of the BC Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association.
This CPD has been approved for 1.5 hours by the Law Society of British Columbia and may be applied towards the mandatory 12 hour Continuing Professional Development requirement in both BC and Yukon.
Have questions? Contact us at 867-668-4231 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org