If you wish to change your practice status in Nunavut, please refer to the relevant section for information:
- Cessation of Practice & Change of Status
- Reactivating Membership and Reinstatement after Resignation
You can upload all required documents directly in your lawyer's portal, under the tab "Change Membership Status"
Useful Information on Membership & Insurance Fees:
- Membership fees cannot be prorated.
- Prorating of insurance fees is only allowed based on the insurance period and not on the membership period. Note that the annual insurance coverage period begins on July 1 until June 30 and that prorating is only permitted going in.
- Prorating begins the month that the lawyer is seeking insurance. If you change your status to inactive status or resign during the coverage period (anytime after July 1 and June 30), reimbursement is not possible.