The Advisory Committee was originally intended to be designated Members from Pauktuutit; however, when community consultations were undertaken in Spring 2019, the Law Society of Nunavut and Pauktuutit recognized the importance of inviting a wider-range of organizations, both government and non-government, legal and non-legal, to consider sitting on the Advisory Committee.
The Advisory Committee is now composed of nine representatives from various organizations:
- Caroline Anawak (December 2019) and Sherri Robertson (January 2020), Executive Director, YWCA Agvvik Society
- Tagalik Eccles, Youth Representative/Nunavut Law Program Student
- Priscilla Ferrazzi, University of Alberta Adjunct Professor (Until February 2020)
- Nancy Hellyer, Legal Aid Family Law Lawyer (Maliiganik Tukisiinakvik Legal Services, Iqaluit)
- Hagar Idlout-Sudlovenick, Director of Social Policy, QIA
- Donna Olsen-Hakongak, A/Community Justice Manager, GN Dept of Justice
- Margaret Wormell, Family Violence Specialist, GN Dept of Family Services
- Nicole Sikma, Justice of the Peace
- Rita Strickland, Assistant Deputy Minister, GN Dept of Justice (Until July 2020)
The wealth of knowledge and expertise shared by these representatives ensures the project is carried out in a relevant, appropriate and sensitive manner. We are grateful for their ongoing commitment and guidance.