Nunavut Statutes Exam
June 22, 2023 - Updated President's Statement regarding the Status of Statutes Exam and Taskforce Report
August 31, 2022 - The requirement to pass the Nunavut Statutes Exam is currently not enforced until further notice. We invite you to read the President's Statement.
Students-at-law are required to pass the Nunavut Statutes Exam before applying for regular membership with the Law Society of Nunavut.
- Registration Form (revised)
- Rules and Protocol
- Information Note (March 2, 2022) including:
- the list of Sources of Law on which the Exam will test the applicant's knowledge
- the format; and
- Exam Tips
- Fees: $367.50 ( includes 5% GST)
If you are looking for group practice environments for your articles, the possibilities that you may wish to investigate include:
- Federal Crown (Criminal) tel: 867-975-4600
- Government of Nunavut, Legal and Constitutional Law Division) tel: 867-975-6323
- Legal Services Board of Nunavut (Legal Aid) tel: 867-360-4607
- Nunavut Court of Justice tel: 867-975-6131
Bar Admission Course
Since March 2014 the Law Society established a collaboration with the Law Society of Manitoba to offer the Manitoba CPLED Bar Admission Course to all Nunavut Students-at-Law.
2019-20 was the final year for the current CPLED program as we move towards the new and improved CPLED program - CPLED PREP, that commenced in 2021.
- Registration is completed directly through the CPLED website
- Important dates: https://cpled.ca/deadlines-events/important-dates/
- Law Society of Nunavut information when completing your registration :
- Law Society ID: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choosing your jurisdiction to participate in the program: Choose the time zone that will best fit with your schedule ( AB; SK; MN or NS) .
- Payment: Payment is to be made directly to CPLED.