Advising Societies and Not-for-Profit Corporations ("Non-profits')
Members and Friends of the Law Society are welcome to join us and Member Margaret Hollis
Thursday December 3 @ 12:15-1:30pm ET
Conference call only : 1-888-289-4573; Access Code: 5000735#
Materials: Power point
This is a basic course intended primarily for lawyers (and law students) who do not usually serve non-profits or practice corporate law, including those who sit on boards and those who wish to support non-profits pro bono.
- Review of the basics of incorporation and governance for non-profits, including the policies they should have in place.
- Discussion of the characteristic risks faced by non-profits,
- Special cases like condo corporations and charitable organizations,
- The role and risks of a lawyer sitting on a board.
Reminder! CPD Requirements for 2020
The Law Society Executive approved changes to the current CPD policy to facilitate the completion of CPD requirements.
Learn more about CPD credits from other jurisdictions and changes to the following categories:
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility - One-hour requirement is waived for this current year only.
- Unrestricted Self Study - 1 credit per hour - 4 hours maximum
- Restricted Self Study - 1 credit per hour - 4 hours maximum
- Group Study – 1 credit per hour - Unlimited