Become a Member

Regular Membership

Regular membership allows lawyers to actively practice law in the Territory. To apply for regular membership, use the following documents:

Completed applications received by the administrator are submitted to the members of the Membership and Admissions Committee every second Monday. Consult the Timeline for more information.

Two Other Ways to Practice Law in Nunavut

  1. A Restricted Appearance Certificate (RAC) allows lawyers to actively practice law in the Territory on up to three (3) legal matters for the period of one year.
  2. The Canadian Legal Advisor (CLA) Certificate is for lawyers with a Bachelor of Civil Law.